Wednesday 12 January 2011

Thoughts for the day...

One thing I have realised over the last few weeks is that we don't need to be Mother Teresa to make a big difference to people. Seems obvious I know but the airport incident and  regular reports from my Grampa on various helpful banking clerks and shop assistants in my home town made me realise that being genuinely interested in people, sympathetic to what they are saying, doing your job well, smiling and listening all make a  big difference whether you feel like it does or not.

I love stories like this - seemingly little things that people do for a stranger when there is no benefit in it for themselves. I am sure most of these people have no/little idea of the impact of their actions:



An interesting fact...
  • When surveyed (by me) most Americans agreed that they trust their Sat Nav (GPS) more when it speaks with a British accent :).   
To make you smile...
  • I had a very unpleasant experience with some very strong, creamy mushroom soup the other day - initially I felt pleased with myself that I was obviously doing well with my healthy eating because creamy food tasted so rich and unpalatable and it was almost inedible. I was already to give myself a pat on the back...then my very sensible (18 year old) housemate pointed out that I was eating condensed soup and asked if I had remembered to add water to it?...

This Santa story is also very inspiring!

Secret Santa spreads joy and disbelief in Kansas City

No comments:

Post a Comment